To serve the residents and future generations of Conway by providing diverse, year-round opportunities with state-of-the-art facilities and regional sporting events, and by supporting the health and quality of life for residents while strengthening the economy.
- In 2035, Conway is recognized for being one of the top cities in our region for the availability of public green space.
- In 2035, Conway has an inclusive area in most parks that are accessible for children and residents of all ages with special needs or mobility challenges – this includes land use parks and equipment/design for elderly citizens.
- In 2035, Conway has renovated and maintains existing parks and facilities. Additions could include adding more benches, playgrounds, and bathrooms available year round.
- In 2035, Conway has completed new indoor/outdoor tennis courts with a viewing area. Allow room for expansion to support community needs and host regional events.
- In 2035, Conway has completed its aquatic complex, which could include an indoor stretch facility (sized for competition) and outdoor pools to provide for local and regional needs.
- In 2035, Conway has enough facilities to host large tournaments of any variety so that we can be a destination for the state – soccer, tennis, competitive swimming, and an indoor multi-sport facility that can accommodate spectators.
- In 2035, Conway has completed an indoor multisport facility with spectator area to support community needs and host regional events.
- In 2035, Conway has completed a soccer complex to support community needs and host regional events.
5 Ways Individuals Can Support This Sector
- Encourage families and individuals to use the parks by utilizing social media platforms (google reviews, location tagging, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,etc.)
- Volunteer to be part of an organization that uses park space and utilize knowledge to support that activity
- Form associations to support the parks and rec activities you personally enjoy.
- Be good stewards of the things we do have and encourage others to do the same. (adopt a park, pick up litter, allow master gardeners or artists to beautify an area, etc.)
- General education for the public about what monies are used to pay for what activities, with a bond rededication committee to move voters to action
5 Ways Organizations Can Support This Sector
- Health care organizations can promote health goals that can be achieved in city parks/facilities (incorporate wellness program + parks)
- Smaller businesses can use social media presence to promote the parks program / facilities and amenities
- Explore possibilities of businesses set up in park space (coordination between the city and business)
- Nonprofits can exist in partnership with parks facilities, adopting a park and having some sort of give-back program
- Large employers can sponsor park clean-up days, use staff as volunteers where needed, and donate funds/time/resources