Cultivate a welcoming and beautiful Conway for residents and visitors through creativity, preservation, and community collaboration.
- In 2035, Conway will work to update the current Sign Code to create guidelines and regulations based on community beautification standards.
- In 2035, Conway will continue to build on Conway’s existing design standards and create flexible alternatives to allow unique and creative architecture.
- In 2035, Conway will support and expand Conway’s existing litter prevention efforts including regular community-wide work days and recruit businesses to “adopt” sections of main roads (Prince, Dave Ward, etc.).
- In 2035, Conway will develop downtown development standards that promote overall beautification, active uses and a pedestrian oriented environment.
- In 2035, Conway will develop and adopt quality design/signage standards that distinguish the Conway “brand” apart from other cities.
- In 2035, Conway will have created a redevelopment plan for all major gateways entering the city.
- In 2035, Conway will have developed a beautification team to champion projects with all stakeholders to help select, implement and secure funding and resources. Stakeholders could include the City of Conway, Parks Department, Conway Corp, Conway Development Corp, the Downtown Partnership and area colleges and universities, etc.
- In 2035, Conway will have created and adopted a community-wide beautification master plan that focuses on signage, landscaping, lighting, natural resources, and public art.
5 Ways Individuals Can Support This Sector
- Individuals and families can contribute to City Beautification efforts by installing and maintaining private landscaping.
- Individuals and families can participate in city cleanup efforts or join the adopt-a-street beautification program.
- Individuals and families can contribute to City Beautification efforts by increasing individual involvement in public processes/ meetings.(Examples: City Council, Planning Commission, Public Art Board, Historic District Commission)
- Individuals or families can help by matching a financial contribution or donation to a beautification project thru the Chamber.
- Individuals can contribute to Conway’s beautification by participating in community or neighborhood activities (examples: public art projects, Caldwell St. Christmas trees project, etc.)
5 Ways Organizations Can Support This Sector
- Organizations and businesses can partner with the City to identify sources of talent to provide art installations, creative public spaces, and unique infrastructure. (Examples: UCA, Hendrix, Virco, Acxiom, Nabholz)
- Organizations and businesses can partner by providing resources toward beautification goals through sponsorship, in-kind contribution and employee volunteerism.
- Reach out to grant providing foundations, endowments and potential local benefactors to match projects with funding. Include community wide fundraising opportunities for small and large businesses who would participate in seeing a more beautiful Conway.
- Encourage area employers to provide paid time off for employees to participate in community service projects.
- Organizations and businesses can promote and participate in an organized Citywide beautification event that would create opportunities for participation at all levels. (Examples: cleanup week, beautification promotion)